The Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, V5 Lightweight is approximately five ounces lighter than the standard V5. It’s perfectly adapted for end-users who plan on attaching the ever-popular red dot, holographic or magnified optics to their firearm. The slick top monolithic upper receiver provides operators with valuable top rail real estate for accessories that fit their shooting needs. The DDM4v5LW is equipped with a single pinned low profile gas block that is drilled, taper reamed, and press fit into place to securely attach the low profile gas block to the barrel assembly. Introduced in 2014, the V5 LW is one of 4 models that is finished with the new Mil Spec+ Cerakote. This rifle also comes with the newly designed, rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol Grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- BARREL: Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7 twist, 16″ Lightweight Profile, Chrome Lined, MP tested, and Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coated
- GAS SYSTEM: Pinned Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of 4140 hardened steel with Mil-Spec Heavy Phosphate Coating, Mid-length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Mil-Spec MP Tested, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail™ 12.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum, Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- GRIP: Daniel Defense Vertical Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL LADDERS: 3 low profile ladders made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- FINISH: Mil Spec+ Cerakote
- Made in the USA!
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
|Manufacturing # / SKU
||32 ¼” – 35 7/8”
||Magpul PMAG 30-Round
||Daniel Defense Full-Latch Impact Plastic Case
Restricted Product Information
Guns can only be shipped to a location within the USA that holds an FFL (Federal Firearms License) - this can be your local gun shop, pawn shop, sporting goods store, etc. Your local gun dealer will then handle the transfer of the firearm to you.
Please ensure that you have familiarized yourself with the process before placing a firearm order. Please note that you must confirm your acceptance of all of these policies to place a firearm order:
Write a review & get a $5 coupon
Submitted By: Dawson Hess On 06/25/2015
Rifle was shipped and delivered quickly and at a great price. Customer service was great and answered any question I had and they even make the rifle CA legal for you at a reasonable price. I would definitely order another item from Hinterland.
[5 of 5 Stars]
Submitted By: Steven S. On 06/14/2014
This is one of the better AR's I have owned. It has a very tight construction, is lightweight, and really strong and durable. The Cerakote finish provides even more protection to rifle...and looks slick! Daniel Defense's new DD furniture is awesome too - very comfortable with the rubber gripping. I would recommend this gun to anyone - new or old gun owner.
[5 of 5 Stars]