The Furuno 1942 is a compact daylight viewing radar designed for small fishing boats, coasters or pleasure craft. Steady, non-fading radar echoes are presented in 8 shades of green on a 10", non-glare CRT.
Standard features include dual EBL's and EVRM's, Echo trails, Guard Zone Alarm, Off-center and Watch Mode. Continuous and automatic control of receiver tuning, sensitivity and anti-clutter gives optimum performance while keeping operation simple.
The Guard Zone Alarm sounds offers aural and visual alarms when a target enters or exits a user-defined area. The Economy Mode feature reduces power consumption during standby periods.
Watch Mode is useful when you don't want the radar to run continuously but you need to see periodically what happens in a Guard Zone. In Watch Mode, the radar is idle (transmitter and CRT off) and at specified time periods (5, 10 or 20 minutes) it is activated with full operation for approx. 20 scans. If targets enter or leave the Guard Zone, Watch Mode is automatically cancelled and the radar reverts to normal operation.
When connected to an external nav receiver outputting data in NMEA 0183 format, the radar will display ship's position in Lat/Lon or Loran-C TD's, ship's speed and course/range/bearing to a waypoint, XTE, EBL in true bearing and waypoint mark, or 'Lollipop.' You can select not only Head-up but also North-up/Course-up/True Motion presentations (heading sensor required). The radar will also supply cursor position and radar system data output in NMEA 0183 format for interfacing to a compatible video plotter or computer. Tracked target data (TTM) can also be output.
Please Note: This description and product image may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
- High Resolution, Non-Glare 10" CRT display
- 6kW Transmitter unit
- 16 user-selectable range scales from .125 to 64n.m.
- Waterproof, cast aluminum display housing
- Variable radar screen viewing area
- Guard zone alarm
- User selectable timing of echo trails for basic target threat assessment
- Waterproof omnipad control for rapid, user-friendly operation
- Automatic or manual tuning, 6dB noise figure Logarithmic receiver
- Three transmitter pulselengths and P.R.R.'s
- Programmable function keys to simplify operation
- Automatic or manual control of STC and FTC
- Waypoint circle and steer line (Lollipop) overlaid on radar picture
- Power saving Watchman mode
- Multi-step Interference Rejection and Echo Stretch settings
- Picture off-center and zoom modes
- Two VRM's and two EBL's; one of each may be offset
- Course-up, Head-up, North-up and True Motion displays
- Information packed Navigation Data display
- Unique combination of menu driven and front panel controls for ease of operation
- Automatic video level adjustment for picture enhancement
- Target/Cursor position reading and output using front panel TLL key
- Slected TMM target data output with use of optional ARP10
- User-selectable transmitter pulselength on .5 and 3 n.m. ranges to optimize picture
- TSW of 98 lbs., 4 cartons
- 12 or 24/32 VDC, 52 Watts, fuse change required
Current Reviews: 0
Write a review & get a $5 coupon