Garmin GPSMAP 78sc
Garmin international is pleased to announce the next generation in marine
handhelds: the GPSMAP 78 series. Incorporating a sleek, new design and
must-have features, these rugged units are a great fit in Garmin's
best-selling lineup of color marine handhelds and they float!
Featuring a bright 2.6-inch LCD color display with built-in basemap and high
sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix, the GPSMAP 78 series takes
recreational navigation to a new level. All three models are waterproof,
include a built-in microSD card slot for loading additional maps and have a
dedicated MOB (man over board) button. The 78sc model includes the sensors, plus it comes preloaded with coastal charts for the United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and Explorer Chart data for the Bahamas. Sensor versions (78s and 78sc) also offer wireless route and waypoint sharing with other compatible units.
If you're looking for the ulitmate high-performance marine handheld, take your pick from the GPSMAP 78 series.
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- Worldwide built-in basemap with shaded relief
- 1.7 GB of internal memory, plus microSD card slot for optional mapping
and data storage
- Wirelessly share thumbnails, routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches
between compatible units
- Bright 2.6" LCD sunlight readable color display (160 x 240 pixels)
- 3-axis compass, provides accurate heading even when the unit is not held
level (78s, 78sc)
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint your precise
altitude and to help monitor weather (78s,78sc)
- High-speed USB interface (78s, 78sc) and NMEA 0183 (GPSMAP 78 series)
- Up to 20 hours of battery life; battery type: 2AA (not included) NiMH or
- Weight: 7.7 oz. with batteries
Unit, USB cable, wrist strap and quick start manual
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.