The Tactical variant of the SP-01 is available in both 9mm Luger and .40 S&W and utilizes an ambidextrous decocker in place of the manual safety on the standard SP-01. CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical models come standard with 3 dot tritium night sights.
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
Type : Pistol
Action : Single/Double
Caliber : 40 Smith & Wesson
Barrel Length : 4.7"
Capacity : 12+1
Safety : Decocker
Grips : Rubber
Sights : Fixed Night Sights
Weight : 2.4 lbs
Finish : Black
Restricted Product Information
Guns can only be shipped to a location within the USA that holds an FFL (Federal Firearms License) - this can be your local gun shop, pawn shop, sporting goods store, etc. Your local gun dealer will then handle the transfer of the firearm to you.
Please ensure that you have familiarized yourself with the process before placing a firearm order. Please note that you must confirm your acceptance of all of these policies to place a firearm order:
Write a review & get a $5 coupon
Submitted By: Shokhrukh K. On 03/31/2015
When I was looking for a home defense gun, I narrowed down my choices to the CZ SP-01 Tactical and the Sig Sauer P226. Although both guns had its advantages, I decided to go with the CZ and don't regret my decision one bit. Anyhow, here is a breakdown of pros and cons of the CZ with some references to the Sig:
- All stainless steel. Coupled with the "continuous" sliderail this should mean a long service life (not that I intend to shoot tens of thousands rounds :)
- Excellent fit and finish. Especially considering the price relative to other high-end pistols. The black polycoat is beautiful.
- 18 round magazine.
- Exceptional accuracy. I shot at 20 yards with most of my rounds landing within a 4-5 inch radius. And I am probably a below average shooter given my range practice time. This is due to the design of the pistol (low bore axis due to the unusual slide/rail design) and the weight of the gun.
- Low recoil. Again due to the low bore axis and the weight.
- Ergonomics. It just fits my hand so well.
- The night sights are great.
- All stainless steel. The weight and the size of the gun are substantial. This is an excellent home defense pistol, but a poor choice as a carry gun.
- The decocker is not as great as it is on the Sig. It decocks the gun to a semickocked position.
- Field stripping is not as easy (not a big problem for me).
With all this said, the pros well outweighed the cons for me.
[5 of 5 Stars]