The 550 Varmint is built with a 25.6" cold hammer forged heavy barrel and CZ's single set trigger system to give shooters the utmost in accuracy. The Varmint is available with stocks in walnut, ventilated grey laminate or an ultra-stable Kevlar composite with an aluminum bedding block.
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
Action : Bolt
Caliber : 308 Winchester/7.62 NATO
Barrel Length : 25.6"
Capacity : 4+1
Trigger : Single-Stage/Single-Set
Safety : Manual Thumb
Stock Description : Walnut
Metal Finish : Blued
Barrel Description : Heavy Hammer-Forged
Receiver Material : Steel
Sights : None, Integrated Base
Restricted Product Information
Guns can only be shipped to a location within the USA that holds an FFL (Federal Firearms License) - this can be your local gun shop, pawn shop, sporting goods store, etc. Your local gun dealer will then handle the transfer of the firearm to you.
Please ensure that you have familiarized yourself with the process before placing a firearm order. Please note that you must confirm your acceptance of all of these policies to place a firearm order:
Write a review & get a $5 coupon
Submitted By: Richard S. On 05/27/2015
First off, I really enjoy this rifle. I am very happy I went with CZ.
It was everything I was looking for in a beginner long range rifle.
1. Set trigger.
2. Magazine fed. (the CZ-750 magazines 10rds, fit and function perfectly)
3. Heavy barrel
4. Free float barrel
5. Pillar bedded and aluminum bedded.
6. A very common / popular caliber with lots of variety in bullets / cartridges.
1. Wasn't crazy about the wood stock, knowing that I would have to cover it up to get a good cheek weld, but hey, it looks fine.
2. The 19mm dove tail mount is probably the worst thing about this rifle which really isn't saying much. CZ makes a Weaver/Picatinny rail adapter for it for about $120. I ended up using CZ factory rings for 34mm tube and they work perfectly, which is good because nobody else makes 19mm dovetail for 34mm rings.
3. The 1 in 12 twist rate isn't ideal either. I would have preferred a 1 in 10. With that said, I'm able to shoot 0.249 MOA group of 5 @ 100yd with match ammo. I haven't had a chance to take it out beyond that yet to see how it will fair, but I feel that it will do just fine for learning how to shoot at longer distances.
Scope: Bushell Tactical Elite DMR 3.5-21x50
Rings: CZ 550 34MM ALUMINUM SCOPE RINGS 19MM .383" TALL
CTK P3 Ultimate monopod
Butler Creek flip caps
Hornady 168gr A-Max
Federal Match 168gr does very well too.
[5 of 5 Stars]