SmartPilot X-5 Tiller
The rugged drive unit of the SmartPilot X-5 Tiller autopilot makes it the perfect choice for larger tiller steered yachts and racers. The SmartPilot X-5 Tiller autopilot is designed for vessels with a laden displacement of up to 6,000kg (13,200lbs). Choose the more powerful SmartPilot Tiller X-5 GP for vessels with a laden displacement of up to 7,500kg (16,500lbs).
You can steer straight to a waypoint, lock on to a given wind angle, or simply set and follow a course to steer by making the most of the full SeaTalk and NMEA compatibility.
The fluxgate compass is separated from the drive unit for greater accuracy and you can mount the control unit wherever it will be within easy reach for you. The large clear ST6002 display shows you up-to-the-minute information and also acts as a multi-function instrument or navaid repeater. SmartPilot X-5 Tiller is also equipped with the latest SeaTalkng networking and features an integrated rate gyro processor ensuring razor-sharp course keeping under any conditions..
Complete with everything needed for easy installation, the SmartPilot X-5 Tiller is quick to fit and simple to use. Used by the world's top single-handed race skippers, Raymarine tiller pilots meet the demands of the serious sailor.
Remember, always take the fully laden displacement weight of your vessel into account. This is often 20% above the designed displacement. Do not choose a pilot which will always be working at the limit of its design capabilities.
- Easy-to-install cockpit mounted drive unit can be detached for quick storage
- Built-in rate gyro sensor with Raymarine AST (Advanced Steering Technology) gives superb steering performance and boat handling.
- AutoLearn technology simplifies calibration and enables the autopilot to automatically adapt to changing sea conditions
- AutoTack automatically turns the boat through a user-programmable turn. Perfect for when sailing with a shorthanded crew.
- Auto Speed Gain adjusts the amount of helm applied at different boat speeds for a smooth, safe ride.
- Wind Vane Mode: Utilizing wind information from SeaTalk wind instruments SmartPilot steers to wind angle and sets the boat up so that the sails are at full trim (balanced).
- Fully adjustable Wind Trim setting (9 levels) provides superior performance in gusty conditions.
- AutoSeastate and AutoTrim modes automatically adjust for changing wind and sea conditions to hold the best course.
- Course Memory: After a manual course change to avoid an obstruction, simply press Auto for one second to return to your previous course.
- SeaTalk®, SeaTalkng, NMEA0183 and NMEA2000 compatible
- Modular system includes
- ST6002 Autopilot Controller
- SmartPilot X-5 course computer
- Rugged, cockpit mounted drive unit
- Fluxgate compass
- System can be expanded with multiple autopilot controls and wireless hand held remote controls
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.