The TAVOR® is a perfect fusion of an ordnance grade steel receiver coupled to a Mil-Spec cold hammer forged barrel and encased into a high-impact strength polymer uni-body with exceptional situational ergonomics. The ultra-compact form factor allows for easy transitions in close quarter situations…or even in your favorite deer blind. The bullpup design moves the center of gravity of the rifle closer to the users’ body allowing for more instinctive aiming and improved acquisition time to target. This innovative design also allows for a full length barrel, which means no loss of down range ballistic accuracy. Near and far range accuracy is enhanced by the minimized recoil provided by a non-lubricated long stroke gas piston system. With the exception of a hand-specific locking bolt, the rifle is completely ambidextrous allowing for easy left-hand conversion of the operating handle, ejection port, fire-control safety, sling swivel receptacles and fore-mounted accessory Picatinny rail. The TAVOR® is supplied with IDF-tested and approved magazines – but you can also use your own AR-15/M16 style magazines.
Rifle comes with 1-30 round magazine, lock and cleaning kit.
At the end of the 1982 Israel-Lebanon War arose an understanding that the modern battlefield had changed. One of the conclusions from the war, particularly relevant to the small arms industry, was that the battle had moved from open field conflicts to close-quarters engagements – and there was a need for a seamless transition from daylight to nighttime capability on a single mission. Out of this understanding, and after more than a decade of collaboration and testing with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) - the TAVOR® rifle was born. Just as race car technology trickles down to consumer automobiles, so do these time and battle-tested firearms now become a modern sporting rifle platform for civilian gun enthusiasts.
- Bullpup configuration; short rifle convenience with long rifle accuracy
- Mil-Spec , chrome lined, cold-hammer forged CrMoV barrel, 6 groove 1:7 RH twist
- Optional 9mm Parabellum conversion kit with CHF barrel, 1:10 twist, CrMoV steel
- Optional 5.45x39mm conversion kit with CHF CrMoV barrel, 1:7½ twist, chrome lined
- 100% ambidextrous configuration and operation with optional left hand bolts for 5.56 NATO and 5.45x39mm
- Integral folding adjustable backup iron sights with Tritium front post (flat top models only)
- Integral ambidextrous front and rear quick detachable sling swivel receptacles
- Simple field stripping into easily serviceable subassemblies
- Mil-Std 100% interchangeability of all TAVOR®SAR parts
- Mil-Std bayonet lug on 18" barreled models
- Uses standard AR-15/M16 magazines
- Last round hold open on empty magazine
- All metal parts are treated for corrosion resistance
- Integral rubber recoil pad
- Assembled in the US from Israeli and US manufactured parts
- Optimized ergonomic design for increased comfort and ease of use
- Clean, long stroke piston operation
- Body constructed of high-strength impact modified polymer
Please Note: This description and product image may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
Restricted Product Information
Guns can only be shipped to a location within the USA that holds an FFL (Federal Firearms License) - this can be your local gun shop, pawn shop, sporting goods store, etc. Your local gun dealer will then handle the transfer of the firearm to you.
Please ensure that you have familiarized yourself with the process before placing a firearm order. Please note that you must confirm your acceptance of all of these policies to place a firearm order:
Write a review & get a $5 coupon
Submitted By: Brian C. On 12/30/2015
I recently received my Tavor and couldn't be happier! Hinterland was super easy to work with. Ordered later on a Wednesday night, gave them my FFL info on Thursday morning and was picking it up at my local store 3 business days later. Once home I cleaned and oiled my rifle then headed to the range. Shoots great once you get used to the trigger. Couldn't be happier with the gun or Hinterland. Now they just need to get a couple of the new to the market weapons in. ???? I will be a repeat customer.
[5 of 5 Stars]
Submitted By: Chuong H. On 09/26/2013
All in all the Tavor has a some of the downsides inherent to the platform but less than probably any bullpup I've seen/owned/handled to date. They're a little on the pricy side, but if you're looking for a gun that will be used in a CQB role, this is one that I'd take a hard look at. I really like it thus far and the more time I have behind it, the more I like it. (I think much of that is due to gaining familiarity with the controls and confidence in manipulating the weapon).
[5 of 5 Stars]