The TAVOR® is a perfect fusion of an ordnance grade steel receiver coupled to a Mil-Spec cold hammer forged barrel and encased into a high-impact strength polymer uni-body with exceptional situational ergonomics. The ultra-compact form factor allows for easy transitions in close quarter situations…or even in your favorite deer blind. The bullpup design moves the center of gravity of the rifle closer to the users’ body allowing for more instinctive aiming and improved acquisition time to target. This innovative design also allows for a full length barrel, which means no loss of down range ballistic accuracy. Near and far range accuracy is enhanced by the minimized recoil provided by a non-lubricated long stroke gas piston system. With the exception of a hand-specific locking bolt, the rifle is completely ambidextrous allowing for easy left-hand conversion of the operating handle, ejection port, fire-control safety, sling swivel receptacles and fore-mounted accessory Picatinny rail. The TAVOR® is supplied with IDF-tested and approved magazines – but you can also use your own AR-15/M16 style magazines.
Rifle package comes with 1-30 round magazine, lock and cleaning kit.
At the end of the 1982 Israel-Lebanon War arose an understanding that the modern battlefield had changed. One of the conclusions from the war, particularly relevant to the small arms industry, was that the battle had moved from open field conflicts to close-quarters engagements – and there was a need for a seamless transition from daylight to nighttime capability on a single mission. Out of this understanding, and after more than a decade of collaboration and testing with the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) - the TAVOR® rifle was born. Just as race car technology trickles down to consumer automobiles, so do these time and battle-tested firearms now become a modern sporting rifle platform for civilian gun enthusiasts.
- Bullpup configuration; short rifle convenience with long rifle accuracy
- Mil-Spec , chrome lined, cold-hammer forged CrMoV barrel, 6 groove 1:7 RH twist
- Optional 9mm Parabellum conversion kit with CHF barrel, 1:10 twist, CrMoV steel
- Optional 5.45x39mm conversion kit with CHF CrMoV barrel, 1:7½ twist, chrome lined
- 100% ambidextrous configuration and operation with optional left hand bolts for 5.56 NATO and 5.45x39mm
- Integral folding adjustable backup iron sights with Tritium front post (flat top models only)
- Integral ambidextrous front and rear quick detachable sling swivel receptacles
- Simple field stripping into easily serviceable subassemblies
- Mil-Std 100% interchangeability of all TAVOR®SAR parts
- Mil-Std bayonet lug on 18" barreled models
- Uses standard AR-15/M16 magazines
- Last round hold open on empty magazine
- All metal parts are treated for corrosion resistance
- Integral rubber recoil pad
- Assembled in the US from Israeli and US manufactured parts
- Optimized ergonomic design for increased comfort and ease of use
- Clean, long stroke piston operation
- Body constructed of high-strength impact modified polymer
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.
Restricted Product Information
Guns can only be shipped to a location within the USA that holds an FFL (Federal Firearms License) - this can be your local gun shop, pawn shop, sporting goods store, etc. Your local gun dealer will then handle the transfer of the firearm to you.
Please ensure that you have familiarized yourself with the process before placing a firearm order. Please note that you must confirm your acceptance of all of these policies to place a firearm order:
Write a review & get a $5 coupon
Submitted By: John S. On 06/13/2015
Great rifle. Great price. What more can I say. Buy one!
[5 of 5 Stars]
Submitted By: John S. On 06/03/2015
I have wanted a Tavor SAR TSFD18 for quite some time, and if you do too, you will not be disappointed. The size is optimal for CQC. The "bullpup" design accommodates an 18 in. barrel which will fire a 5.56 almost 100 meters further than a standard "AR". The bayonet lug accommodates M7, M9, and current Marine bayonets. Easy disassembly & maintenance. Takes "AR" type magazines. Well balanced. Great "crisp" trigger. If you are looking for the ultimate "CQC" rifle that can really push the envelope of distance with an assault rifle in 5.56 NATO this is the rifle for you, and Hinterland beat the total price of anyone out there for a new purchase. I'm very pleased with the Tavor.
[5 of 5 Stars]
Submitted By: Steven J. On 02/18/2015
This is a tremendous addition to my collection! It cost a bit more than some of my other AR's, but the short overall length lends itself well to close, really close situations, such as clearing rooms. Plus, the extra 2" of barrel length enables it to reach out a bit further than it's 16"-barrel AR brothers for those targets that are normally just a bit long for a 5.56 round. Granted, it's not light, especially if an optic is put on it, but the weight distribution makes it very manageable. Hinterland was great to deal with and will definitely buy from them again.
[5 of 5 Stars]
Submitted By: michael h. On 07/11/2014
Solid performer and great battle rifle. Trigger is ok which is expected out of most bullpup's but break is crisp. Youtube Tavor and watch Nutnfancy review for a great 45 minute review of the rifle.
[5 of 5 Stars]