The McMillan LBR 50 BMG is a 32 inch threaded barrel 1X15 twist competition rifle system. The LBR competition rifle comes with a McMillan 50 LBR Stock with a marble finish. Matte black finish and a NPS Bolt.
McMillan Rifles are custom built and may take 2-9 weeks to built depending on current production. Many are ready for immediate delivery. Please call 1-877-446-8370 or email for current delivery times.
The McMillan 50 LBR is a benchrest competition rifle designed for long range 50 caliber events. At approximately 28 pounds, without optics, it conforms to Fifty Caliber Shooting Association’s (FCSA) Light, Heavy and Unlimited class rules. It is built on the McMillan 50 caliber single shot action and includes a McMillan 50 LBR stock, Jewell trigger, and 32” fluted match barrel with a McMillan BR muzzle brake. Adding to its versatility, the rifle will accept most factory as well as match ammunition available on the market.
The McMillan 50 LBR is an all-out competition rifle designed to win matches at the international level of the sport.
MCMILLAN COMPETITION RIFLES SET A NEW STANDARD FOR OUT-OF-THE-BOX, HALL OF FAME ACCURACY.
Look in the rifle racks of any major national or international match and you’ll find the McMillan name. Whether stocks, actions or complete rifles, McMillan has been associated with countless championships and national records over the years.
McMillan is now introducing the Competition Series of rifles. Each rifle employs the finest components available in the industry, assembled to benchrest tolerances by McMillan master rifle builders, and tuned to impeccable standards. Out of the box, these rifles offer the accuracy you need to win your next major national match.
So just how accurate is a McMillan rifle? The world record for the smallest 100 yard benchrest group was shot nearly a third of a century ago by one of the earliest McMillan rifles. The group is a mere 0.009” center to center and was measured with a 60x microscope for verification. That record still stands today, and that McMillan rifle is still hanging in our museum.
(1) The rifle is built on the McMillan 50 caliber single shot action. The RBLP (right bolt left port) configuration is popular with benchrest competitors for its ability to facilitate the loading and unloading of the rifle at the bench with the shooter's free hand. The action is void of any ejector so spent case won't flip out on to the ground, causing damage to the brass.
(2) The McMillan 50 LBR stock has been a mainstay in the 50 caliber benchrest competition circuit for its stability, stiffness, ergonomics and ability to ride the bags.
(3) A 32” match-grade barrel is chambered in 50 BMG. The light target contoured barrel is fluted to aid in cooling. The muzzle features a precision target crown and the barreled receiver is finished in matte black.
(4) The McMillan BR 50 caliber muzzle brake is similar to the ones used on our famous TAC-50 tactical rifles, but incorporates a symmetrical vent design which is more comfortable when shooting from a bench.
(5) Barrel threads and chamber are cut to critical tolerances and fit by hand. The axis of the bore is perfectly in line with the bolt axis. The bolt face and action face are perpendicular to the bolt axis. The action is pillar-bedded into the stock by hand, one at a time, and the barrel is free-floated. All critical dimensions are held to competition benchrest standards.
(6) Recoil lugs are surface ground on both sides and pinned to the receiver to produce a perfectly square mating between the action face and the barrel shank.
(7) The Jewell trigger is adjustable from 12 ounces to 2-1/2 lbs pull weight.
(8) The robust McMillan aluminum trigger guard is a handsome component of the blind magazine configuration.
Please Note: This description may represent a general group of products. Please read the item's title and specifications for more specific information about this particular item.